Japan: How to Help
Author: Angela Pauly
Date: March 14, 2011
Like many of you we’ve been glued to the television watching the news about the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan last week leaving destruction and death in its wake.
The fate of several damaged nuclear power plants are now a cause of great concern and explosions and radiation leaks are being closely monitored.
Governments and aid organizations around the world have pledged to help with relief efforts, but if you would like to contribute to helping as well, here is a list of organizations that are able to direct your donation to efforts on the ground:
- GlobalGiving: www.globalgiving.co.uk
- International Medical Corps: http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org/Page.aspx?pid=1970
- Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/en/
- Medecins Sans Frontieres: http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm
- CARE : http://www.care.org
Our thoughts are with the people of Japan and other Pacific coastal communities affected by this disaster.