On-board Diary: Fleeing the storm

Author: Mario Conde, Captain
Date: September 19, 2012



Logo LIFE-INDEMARESWe left three days ago for Burriana Vilamoura (Portugal), to wait for the rest of the team and the ROV before heading to the Gorringe bank. We had planned to begin research that we have been planning since early 2012 as part of this campaign, but the weather decided to turn on us and a storm was on its way which would prevent us from dropping the ROV into the water. Headquarters decided it would be best to head for Almerimar instead of waiting it out. We should be arriving tomorrow and if time and weather permits, we’ll begin working on Seco de los Olivos, a rich underwater mountain.