What You Can Do
Here’s what you can do to help respond to the Gulf oil spill, whether you are in the Gulf region or not:
What you can do on the ground in the Gulf:
- Register through OilSpillVolunteers.com to volunteer or join a cleanup organization.
- The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is accepting volunteers. Register on their website.
- The Mobile Baykeeper is asking for volunteers. Call 251-433-4229.
- The Audubon Society is looking for help. You can report oiled wildlife at 1-866-557-1401. To report areas with oil ashore or to leave contact information to volunteer in the affected areas, call 1-866-448-5816.
- The BP Volunteer Hotline has set up numbers if you need to report injured wildlife or damage related to the spill. You can also request volunteer information at 866-448-5816.
What you can do from anywhere:
- Sign the petition: Tell President Obama and Congress to stop new offshore drilling.
- Become an Oceana Oil Activist and find out about volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Donate today to help us make sure another catastrophe like this doesn't happen again.
- Follow us on our blog, Facebook and Twitter and help spread the word.