Oceana is searching for a native English speaking person with experience in translations, secretary duties and reception handling, with excellent Spanish language skills, who would like to become part of a dynamic and professional team. This is a full-time position to be carried out at Oceana offices in Madrid (Calle Leganitos 47).
Duties / Responsibilities
- (High level) Native English and excellent Spanish and/or other languages.
- Editing text in English and Spanish.
- Provide secretarial support to our Science department.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Writing and answering general letters, supervised by Science department.
- Mail reception and distribution. Preparing mailings and packages to be mailed.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spread sheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
1.- Answering incoming calls, management and distribution of the calls received via Switchboard.
2.- Customer service. Reception and notification of those involved.
- Coordinating local, national and international courier services (both receiving and sending).
- Maintenance of the appearance of the Reception area (desk, waiting area, shelves).
- Assisting in all aspects related to the correct maintenance and operation of the office:
- Controlling office materials (including the kitchen)
- Coordinating the booking and use of the meeting Rooms
- Providing general information about the organisation in English and Spanish to anyone who requires it.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- team building
- bookkeeping skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- decision making skills
- effective verbal and listening
- communications skills
- computer skills including the ability to operate computerized
- accounting, spread sheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- stress management skills
- time management skills
This is a varied and busy role and we are looking for someone who can arrange meetings, take minutes….
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated person with proven experience in working with translations, and ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and respond promptly as necessary.
The candidate will be working in a multicultural and multi organizational environment; therefore it will be required strong skills for team building and networking.
Oceana seeks an experienced, team worker to be part of our European Office. He/she will be in close contact with all departments in Oceana and with our Offices in Copenhagen and Brussels.
The post will be based in Madrid. (Calle Leganitos 47).
Gross annual salary will be depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate; the post is for 5 days/week; part time can not be discussed.
The post will initially be available for the period January 2013 – December 2013.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Oceana via e-mail ([email protected]) subject line Campaign assistant /Secretary. Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorized to work in the country where the role is located.