Location: Washington, D.C.
Department: Marketing & Communications
Oceana is looking for immediate assistance with its public relations and corporate outreach efforts. The motivated intern will work in its Marketing and Communications (MarComm) department to help gather organizational press through high profile media outlets. The intern would also assist with research, engagement and execution of Oceana’s corporate relations strategy.
Oceana’s MarComm Intern will work closely with the Communications Manager, Communications Fellow, and Marketing Manager in executing a variety of promotional projects including a public service announcement campaign and the promotion of upcoming Oceana events. The successful applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time tracking media coverage, entering data, making outreach calls and emails, performing research, and coordinating the execution of marketing deliverables. Other opportunities will be available to candidates who exhibit superior time management skills.
The ideal candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or marketing
- Outreach experience
- Excellent research, writing, and phone/email communication skills
- The ability to enter large amounts of data efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team effort
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work independently on discrete projects
- Knowledge and interest in environmental and ocean issues
- Attention to detail
Oceana prefers that interns be available to work 40 hours a week. This is three month position. Stipends are available. Both recent graduates and graduate students are encouraged to apply.