Location: Washington, DC
OCEANA is an international organization which focuses solely on oceans, and conducts scientific, fact-based campaigns with fixed goals and deadlines. These campaigns are led by teams of scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates to restore and protect the world’s oceans.
OCEANA is seeking a Responsible Fishing Campaign Intern for its Washington, D.C. office. This person will be responsible for writing and editing a variety of campaign materials including; assisting with reports, press releases, blogs, advocacy messages, web content, memos etc. This individual will also be responsible for updating and designing web content, designing simple graphics and producing short videos. Finally, this person will assist with meeting and event planning. The position requires someone who is creative, detail-oriented, team-oriented, organized and interested in conservation issues.
- Drafting and editing campaign material;
- Updating campaign web pages and creating original multi-media content;
- Assisting campaign director with meeting and event planning; and,
- General administrative support, issue research and technology assistance.
- College degree;
- Journalism or communications experience;
- Demonstrable multi-media proficiency;
- Adept with Microsoft Office, web design and video production programs;
- Motivated, self-starter who takes initiative in completing tasks; and,
- Knowledge of environmental issues preferred.
This internship has a flexible work schedule, with a part-time (15-20 hours a week) or a full-time (40 hours per week) option. This is a paid internship. Oceana accepts interns who receive academic credit for their internship. Both recent graduates and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed periodically. Our internships do not always align with the academic calendar. Be aware that your cover letter is viewed as a writing sample and please highlight why your experience is a good fit for this position. Also include the dates you are available.