Grist's Checkout Line with Lou Bendrick has a handy guide to the confusing world of sustainable seafood today -- here are the basics, check out the post for the full story:
1. Eat as locally as possible.
2. Ask questions when you shop for fish.
3. Read labels.
4. Choose wisely at restaurants.
5. Eat lower on the food chain.
6. Have your go-to sustainable favorites in mind.
7. Be careful with the Big Two -- shrimp and salmon -- which can, as Bendrick punnily points out, be a literally lousy option.
[Image via www.allposters.com]