Update 4/28/10: Ocean hero voting is now open!
We are now taking nominations for our second annual Ocean Heroes contest!
If you know someone -- including yourself -- who has made a significant, ongoing contribution to ocean conservation, we want to hear about it.
This year, there are two categories: adult and junior. We'll announce finalists in late April, and then we'll open it up for voting. The winners will receive a gift from contest sponsor Nautica plus a trip to our blue carpet World Oceans Day event in Los Angeles.
Also, to get you inspired, throughout the week I'll be filling you in on what our 2009 Ocean Hero Finalists are up to now -- stay tuned.
Submit your nomination today!
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014