TED conferences “bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
- Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
- Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
- Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
- Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
- Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
- Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
- Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
- TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
- And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater - 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014