TED conferences “bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
- Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
- Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
- Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
- Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
- Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
- Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
- Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
- TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
- And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater - 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014