The tawny nurse shark is a nocturnal shark, swimming and hunting during the night and returning to the same location to rest during the day. These bottom-dwelling sharks typically look for small overhangs, caves or other slightly protected areas as their resting grounds and occasionally even rest in groups. Tawny nurse sharks are known to be docile and generally ignore humans unless provoked.
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Video: Watch Dozens of Baby Loggerhead Sea Turtles Scurry to the Ocean Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Photos: Meet the Ocean Animals with the Wildest Teeth Posted Thu, July 31, 2014