From CNN yesterday:
"This (oil disaster) is something that's not going to affect just the Gulf coastal areas," [Jessica Maholm, wife of Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Paul Maholm] said. "It's going to affect the whole country with the seafood, the animals and the ecosystem."
[On Tuesday, Maholm and others from the Baseball Wives Cheritable Foundation toured regions of southern Louisiana affected by the spill.]
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Q&A with Justin Winters, Executive Director of Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014