Pearl Jam, celebrated for decades of rock music and activism, have launched a new effort in response to the oil spill, and it’s all about -- you guessed it -- protecting the oceans.
Oceana is a partner in the effort, and their new website, http://pearljam.com/oceans, includes information about what you can do to live blue, including how to eat sustainable seafood, support clean energy, and help with the Gulf clean-up and restoration effort.
Yesterday the band released the music video for “Amongst the Waves,” the third single off their newest album Backspacer. Starting July 6th, the video for “Amongst the Waves” will be available on iTunes -- check it out below.
Ocean conservation is nothing new for the band. Lead singer Eddie Vedder is an avid surfer and even wrote the song, "Oceans," for Pearl Jam's debut album in 1992.
- Oceana's Michael LeVine Testifies Against a Reckless Offshore Oil Bill Posted Wed, June 12, 2013
- Puffins Are Struggling with Warming Waters Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Meet the Faces of the Ocean Hero Junior Awards! Posted Fri, June 14, 2013