Pearl Jam, celebrated for decades of rock music and activism, have launched a new effort in response to the oil spill, and it’s all about -- you guessed it -- protecting the oceans.
Oceana is a partner in the effort, and their new website, http://pearljam.com/oceans, includes information about what you can do to live blue, including how to eat sustainable seafood, support clean energy, and help with the Gulf clean-up and restoration effort.
Yesterday the band released the music video for “Amongst the Waves,” the third single off their newest album Backspacer. Starting July 6th, the video for “Amongst the Waves” will be available on iTunes -- check it out below.
Ocean conservation is nothing new for the band. Lead singer Eddie Vedder is an avid surfer and even wrote the song, "Oceans," for Pearl Jam's debut album in 1992.
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013