Pearl Jam, celebrated for decades of rock music and activism, have launched a new effort in response to the oil spill, and it’s all about -- you guessed it -- protecting the oceans.
Oceana is a partner in the effort, and their new website, http://pearljam.com/oceans, includes information about what you can do to live blue, including how to eat sustainable seafood, support clean energy, and help with the Gulf clean-up and restoration effort.
Yesterday the band released the music video for “Amongst the Waves,” the third single off their newest album Backspacer. Starting July 6th, the video for “Amongst the Waves” will be available on iTunes -- check it out below.
Ocean conservation is nothing new for the band. Lead singer Eddie Vedder is an avid surfer and even wrote the song, "Oceans," for Pearl Jam's debut album in 1992.
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ochre Sea Star Posted Wed, July 16, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Whale Sharks Visiting Azore Islands More Frequently, Volunteers Help Disabled Sea Turtle Nest, and More Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014