In the hearing, entitled Marine Wealth: Promoting Conservation and Advancing American Exports, Danson will describe how government subsidies negatively affect the oceans and global seafood market, and he’ll explain why sustainable fishing is necessary to preserve ocean health and jobs.
Danson knows this issue well. He recently traveled to Geneva, Switzerland, twice to meet with ambassadors and delegations to the World Trade Organization as well as Director-General Pascal Lamy. He pressed for a strong outcome in the WTO’s ongoing fisheries subsidies negotiations.
DC Wavemakers, in case you are able to attend, here are the details:
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 215
We're sure he will do a bang-up job as usual.
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014