In the hearing, entitled Marine Wealth: Promoting Conservation and Advancing American Exports, Danson will describe how government subsidies negatively affect the oceans and global seafood market, and he’ll explain why sustainable fishing is necessary to preserve ocean health and jobs.
Danson knows this issue well. He recently traveled to Geneva, Switzerland, twice to meet with ambassadors and delegations to the World Trade Organization as well as Director-General Pascal Lamy. He pressed for a strong outcome in the WTO’s ongoing fisheries subsidies negotiations.
DC Wavemakers, in case you are able to attend, here are the details:
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 215
We're sure he will do a bang-up job as usual.
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Wasted Catch Posted Mon, September 1, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014