In the hearing, entitled Marine Wealth: Promoting Conservation and Advancing American Exports, Danson will describe how government subsidies negatively affect the oceans and global seafood market, and he’ll explain why sustainable fishing is necessary to preserve ocean health and jobs.
Danson knows this issue well. He recently traveled to Geneva, Switzerland, twice to meet with ambassadors and delegations to the World Trade Organization as well as Director-General Pascal Lamy. He pressed for a strong outcome in the WTO’s ongoing fisheries subsidies negotiations.
DC Wavemakers, in case you are able to attend, here are the details:
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 215
We're sure he will do a bang-up job as usual.
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014