We continue to be astounded by the generosity of our supporters, and seven-year-old ocean lover and artist Wyatt Workman is one shining example.
Last week Wyatt held an art show to benefit Oceana that raised a whopping $2,400 for ocean conservation. Seven years old! People, this is one cool kid.
Around 200 people came to the show, where Wyatt displayed and sold his own art, plus a movie and book he made this summer about the ocean “trash monster”, and a T-shirt he designed that says “I am NOT a Trash Monster!” Wyatt and his friends talked to visitors about ocean pollution and convinced them to sign his pledge to use less plastic.
Thank you so much, Wyatt and friends!
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014