Andy Sharpless is the CEO of Oceana.
I wanted to give you advance notice of Christie’s Green Auction: A Bid to Save the Earth on March 29th at New York’s Rockefeller Center. This special event premiered last year, raising an unprecedented $2.4 million for Oceana, Conservation International, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Central Park Conservancy.
I applaud Christie’s for its vision and initiative; every item up for bid is donated by generous supporters, and Christie’s is waiving all customary auction fees so that all proceeds benefit the groups.
A Bid to Save The Earth will include the live auction at Christie’s on March 29th as well as an online silent auction at Charity Buzz that started yesterday.
The auction features coveted celebrity experiences, upscale eco-vacations and other once-in-a-lifetime experiences. You can bid to win a day shadowing President Bill Clinton; a three-day getaway on the luxury super yacht Lady Sheridan during the Cannes Film Festival offered by the owners and Burgess Yachts; and a ten-night trip featuring the exceptional wildlife of Tanzania and the stunning beaches of Mozambique offered by Nomad Tanzania, Vamizi Island and Journeys by Design.
The online auction has begun so I encourage you to visit A Bid to Save the Earth to see the complete list of items and to get more information on this incredible, one-of-a-kind charity auction. The auction is posting new donations every day over the next week, so please visit early and often.
Christie’s has made a bold statement in its support of these environmental groups. Together, we have campaigns and supporters across 150 countries and all 7 continents and work to protect some of the world’s most critical ecosystems. I hope I can count on your support to participate in Christie’s Green Auction this year and make your own bid to save the earth.
- Video: Huge School of Anchovies Swarms San Diego Shoreline Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014