This weekend, Oceana was proud to welcome Academy Award nominees Josh Brolin and Diane Lane and around 400 other guests to our fourth annual SeaChange Party in Laguna Beach, California.
This year’s event raised over $900,000 to fund Oceana’s continuing ocean conservation campaigns. SeaChange was hosted by Ted Danson and Angela Kinsey, and included remarks by Brolin and Lane, who each have a long history of dedication to the oceans. “We are all here tonight out of love for our oceans, her bounty that feeds us, her beauty and her power that give us true awe,” said Lane.
Other celebrity guests in attendance included Aimee Teegarden, Jeff Goldblum, Ed Begley Jr., Q’orianka Kilcher, Oscar Nunez and Austin Stowell. The event included a sit-down dinner, presentations from Oceana directors and supporters, an auction, and dancing.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014