Winter, with its short days, sleet-filled commutes and cacophony of coughs and sneezes, is an energy-sapping exercise in patience, but Oceana – in addition to protecting sea turtles, sharks, corals and the like – has just the right medicine to carry you into the Spring with health and vigor…triathlon training!
Just imagine: On April 1st, you’re standing with your back to Ocean Drive, clenching soft Miami Beach sand between your toes, and waiting for the cue to plunge into the warm Atlantic to begin the Nautica South Beach Triathlon. Not bad, right?
Believe it or not, even with the race weekend seven weeks away, it’s pretty easy for you to join the team, but you’ll need to act quickly because Team Oceana’s ten race slots are filling up fast. Each race slot – whether it’s used for an individual or a relay team – earns complimentary entry into the race, gear for the race and other VIP benefits, including a training guide from celebrity-personal trainer Joel Harper, courtesy of Nautica.
But what’s even better than these tangible benefits are the emotional rewards you get from competing in the race and raising funds ($1,000!) for Oceana’s conservation programs.
It’s a win-win, win, win, win, win…
So don’t delay. Your chance to take advantage of this unique opportunity to physically challenge yourself and contribute to Oceana’s mission of protecting the world’s oceans ends with our signup deadline of February 21. Sign up today!
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014