Here's a song that will get stuck in your head and teach you something about the world's oceans at the same time. Our friends over at One World One Ocean put together this parody of Gotye's earworm "Someobody that I Used to Know" for World Oceans Day.
It follows Ferdie and Mitzi on an animated adevnture to some of the world's most famous ocean landmarks: the Mariana Trench, Great Barrier Reef, Sargasso Sea, and more. Check out the video's homepage to learn even more about the amazing places and animals featured in the video.
Do Mitzi and Ferdie remind you of somebody that you know? The nominations are still open for our 4th annual Ocean Heroes Award, and we're looking for juniors and adults that are protecting the oceans that we want to know. You have until June 20th to submit your own Ocean Heroes!
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- In Honor of Sea Otter Awareness Week, Ten Fun Facts about Sea Otters Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Polar Bears Turning to Snow Geese for Food, Arctic Sea Ice Found to Absorb CO2, and More Posted Tue, September 23, 2014