Between regular 100-year storms, record heat waves and epic droughts watching the weather channel has certainly become more interesting of late. This is “dirty weather” according to the Climate Reality Project, that is, weather that is increasingly influenced by carbon dioxide pollution from burning fossil fuels. That’s why starting at 8pm tonight they are airing their Dirty Weather Report, a 24-hour live online broadcast hosted by former vice-president and Nobel laureate Al Gore and featuring comedians, musicians and experts to bring light to the many different ways a changing climate is changing the world around us.
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014