Between regular 100-year storms, record heat waves and epic droughts watching the weather channel has certainly become more interesting of late. This is “dirty weather” according to the Climate Reality Project, that is, weather that is increasingly influenced by carbon dioxide pollution from burning fossil fuels. That’s why starting at 8pm tonight they are airing their Dirty Weather Report, a 24-hour live online broadcast hosted by former vice-president and Nobel laureate Al Gore and featuring comedians, musicians and experts to bring light to the many different ways a changing climate is changing the world around us.
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014