It’s International Polar Bear Day! It’s a day created to bring awareness to polar bear conservation, and to simply take a moment to recognize the overall awesomeness that is the polar bear. Polar bears have many extraordinary physical abilities and are stunningly beautiful, so having an entire day of every year dedicated to them is a no-brainer.
The unofficial king of the Arctic ice, they’re the largest mammalian carnivore. Take a look at our Creature Feature on the polar bear to and see how one animal can be fierce, resourceful and cuddly all at the same time.
Like other arctic animals, polar bears are in danger as climate change affects seasonal sea ice. You can help Oceana protect them by adopting a polar bear for someone special (or yourself) as a donation toward our efforts addressing the threats to Arctic wildlife.
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Scientists Call for “Bold” Action on Overfishing, Shipping Company Pleads Guilty to 2013 Molasses Spill, and More Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Oceana Magazine Supporter Spotlight: Jean-Cristophe Vie Posted Thu, October 23, 2014