It’s International Polar Bear Day! It’s a day created to bring awareness to polar bear conservation, and to simply take a moment to recognize the overall awesomeness that is the polar bear. Polar bears have many extraordinary physical abilities and are stunningly beautiful, so having an entire day of every year dedicated to them is a no-brainer.
The unofficial king of the Arctic ice, they’re the largest mammalian carnivore. Take a look at our Creature Feature on the polar bear to and see how one animal can be fierce, resourceful and cuddly all at the same time.
Like other arctic animals, polar bears are in danger as climate change affects seasonal sea ice. You can help Oceana protect them by adopting a polar bear for someone special (or yourself) as a donation toward our efforts addressing the threats to Arctic wildlife.
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014