This is the last post in a five-part blog series that features Dusky the Shark. This week, Dusky appeared in a comic strip that explains why dusky sharks in the northwestern Atlantic are at risk, and what actions he and Oceana are taking to protect his species. Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark has developed his plan to save his species this past week.
After having a great time and debuting at Shark Week’s FinFest in California, Dusky is ready to start adding more items to his list and raise awareness about the need to end overfishing and bycatch. Click here to take action to protect dusky sharks and weigh in with ideas for Dusky's Bucket List.
Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark got to this point. Good luck Dusky!
- Photos: Oceana Captures First-Ever Images of Seamounts North of Canary Islands Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Polar Bears Turning to Snow Geese for Food, Arctic Sea Ice Found to Absorb CO2, and More Posted Tue, September 23, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014