This is the last post in a five-part blog series that features Dusky the Shark. This week, Dusky appeared in a comic strip that explains why dusky sharks in the northwestern Atlantic are at risk, and what actions he and Oceana are taking to protect his species. Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark has developed his plan to save his species this past week.
After having a great time and debuting at Shark Week’s FinFest in California, Dusky is ready to start adding more items to his list and raise awareness about the need to end overfishing and bycatch. Click here to take action to protect dusky sharks and weigh in with ideas for Dusky's Bucket List.
Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark got to this point. Good luck Dusky!
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014