This is the last post in a five-part blog series that features Dusky the Shark. This week, Dusky appeared in a comic strip that explains why dusky sharks in the northwestern Atlantic are at risk, and what actions he and Oceana are taking to protect his species. Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark has developed his plan to save his species this past week.
After having a great time and debuting at Shark Week’s FinFest in California, Dusky is ready to start adding more items to his list and raise awareness about the need to end overfishing and bycatch. Click here to take action to protect dusky sharks and weigh in with ideas for Dusky's Bucket List.
Take a look below to see how Dusky the Shark got to this point. Good luck Dusky!
- Ocean Roundup: Baby Sea Turtles Tracked with Tiny Tags, Canada Restricts Large Area from Commercial Fishing, and More Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Wild Salmon with Spinach Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Photos, Video: Oceana Wraps Up Canary Islands Expedition after Discovering Vast Biodiversity Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- CEO Note: Wyss Foundation Paves the Way for Oceana to Rebuild Fisheries in Peru, Canada Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seafood Fraud Ring Uncovered in Australia, Fish Species Found to Change Skin Color, and More Posted Fri, October 17, 2014