To the editor:
This letter is in response to the July 24 article titled, “Dolphin dies after beaching in Ocean City.”
Saturday was World Oceans Day, a day to celebrate the many ways the oceans benefit our lives. These benefits are most obvious to residents of our coastal states, who can regularly enjoy beach outings, fresh seafood, marine life sightings, and an economy that is greatly boosted by tourism. In fact, of the lower 48 states, 35% of the Gross Domestic Product comes from coastal counties alone!
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013
- Creature Feature: Atlantic Puffin Posted Fri, December 6, 2013