Blog Tags: 10 Facts
Today is International Whale Shark Day, so what better time to celebrate these magnificent creatures? Here are 10 facts to dazzle your friends with:
1. We know you’re wondering: whale shark – whale, or shark? The whale shark is a shark, and as a shark (and thus a fish), it is the largest fish in the sea. It breathes via its gills, and has cartilage instead of bone, making it a true shark. The name “whale shark” comes from the shark’s large size, which rivals some species of whales, and also because the shark is a filter feeder, like baleen whales.
- Wind Power: Changing the Way We Live off the Earth Posted Tue, April 22, 2014
- CEO Note: NYC Event Honors Michael Bloomberg Posted Wed, April 23, 2014
- CEO Note: Four Years After the BP Gulf Disaster Posted Mon, April 21, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat? Posted Mon, April 21, 2014