Blog Tags: Auction
Tomorrow Christie’s International Auction House will host a Post War and Contemporary Arts evening sale, featuring Yves Klein’s FC 1, which is being sold on behalf of an anonymous collector. FC 1 is expected to achieve a record-breaking final sale price, a portion of which will be donated to Oceana.
FC 1 is the most important work by Yves Klein ever to be offered at auction, and is considered to be one of the most important Post War European works of art. The piece has been featured prominently at the Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC.
We’re so thankful to our friends at Christie’s for their continued support. Christie’s has put together a great website, including a tab about Oceana and a video about the making of the piece:
As Kevin and Andy have told you, this Thursday, the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, Oceana will benefit from the first-ever Green Auction with Christie's, along with NRDC, Central Park Conservancy and Conservation International.
There are some spectacular items up for bid, including a private swim lesson with Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol, a day on the set of “30 Rock” with Alec Baldwin, a walk-on role in HBO’s “Bored to Death”, and much more.
But we are also asking people to make another kind of bid this Earth Day -- a personal bid to change something in their lives to improve the health of the planet.
Not sure what I mean? Just watch the video PSA below to get some inspiration, and then tell us -- what's your bid?
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014