Blog Tags: Auction
Tomorrow Christie’s International Auction House will host a Post War and Contemporary Arts evening sale, featuring Yves Klein’s FC 1, which is being sold on behalf of an anonymous collector. FC 1 is expected to achieve a record-breaking final sale price, a portion of which will be donated to Oceana.
FC 1 is the most important work by Yves Klein ever to be offered at auction, and is considered to be one of the most important Post War European works of art. The piece has been featured prominently at the Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC.
We’re so thankful to our friends at Christie’s for their continued support. Christie’s has put together a great website, including a tab about Oceana and a video about the making of the piece:
As Kevin and Andy have told you, this Thursday, the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, Oceana will benefit from the first-ever Green Auction with Christie's, along with NRDC, Central Park Conservancy and Conservation International.
There are some spectacular items up for bid, including a private swim lesson with Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol, a day on the set of “30 Rock” with Alec Baldwin, a walk-on role in HBO’s “Bored to Death”, and much more.
But we are also asking people to make another kind of bid this Earth Day -- a personal bid to change something in their lives to improve the health of the planet.
Not sure what I mean? Just watch the video PSA below to get some inspiration, and then tell us -- what's your bid?
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013