Blog Tags: Blue August
For the second year in a row, Oceana is an official partner of Planet Green’s Blue August, which is a month of programming focused on the oceans and water issues.
Here are some of the ocean offerings from Planet Green this month:
- Oceans Blue, which features Philippe Cousteau and a team of underwater explorers, including expedition leader Paul Rose, marine biologist Tooni Mahto and maritime archaeologist Lucy Blue, as they attempt to unravel some of the vast mysteries of the world’s oceans.
- Black Wave: The Legacy of Exxon Valdez follows Rick Ott and the fisherman of Cordova, Alaska as they wage the longest legal battle in U.S. history against Exxon, and as they try to rebuild their lives after the crisis. (Airs Saturday, August 14 at 10/9c.)
- Coastwatch, which follows members of New Zealand’s Ministry of Fisheries as they fight to protect the country’s precious marine ecosystems.
- CEO Note: Wyss Foundation Paves the Way for Oceana to Rebuild Fisheries in Peru, Canada Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Sea Turtle Nesting in Florida Sees Steady Increase, 2014 Could Be Hottest on Record, and More Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- New Shark Repellent May Keep Sharks from Becoming Bycatch Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Photos: Three Days Swimming around the Hawaiian Na Pali Coast Posted Fri, October 24, 2014