Blog Tags: Blue August
For the second year in a row, Oceana is an official partner of Planet Green’s Blue August, which is a month of programming focused on the oceans and water issues.
Here are some of the ocean offerings from Planet Green this month:
- Oceans Blue, which features Philippe Cousteau and a team of underwater explorers, including expedition leader Paul Rose, marine biologist Tooni Mahto and maritime archaeologist Lucy Blue, as they attempt to unravel some of the vast mysteries of the world’s oceans.
- Black Wave: The Legacy of Exxon Valdez follows Rick Ott and the fisherman of Cordova, Alaska as they wage the longest legal battle in U.S. history against Exxon, and as they try to rebuild their lives after the crisis. (Airs Saturday, August 14 at 10/9c.)
- Coastwatch, which follows members of New Zealand’s Ministry of Fisheries as they fight to protect the country’s precious marine ecosystems.
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Frequenting New York City Waters, Oceans House Over 5 Trillion Plastic Pieces, and More Posted Thu, December 11, 2014
- Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Gain New Protections Posted Mon, December 15, 2014