Blog Tags: Carter And Olivia Ries
This is the seventh in a series of posts about this year’s Ocean Hero finalists.
I’ve spent the last week telling you about our adult Ocean Hero finalists, and now it’s time to spotlight the younger set -- our inspiring junior finalists.
First up are 10-year-old Carter and 8-year-old Olivia Ries, who have been involved in saving the planet for an impressive portion of their young lives. In late 2009 they started their own nonprofit organization “One More Generation” (OMG), whose goal is to raise awareness about endangered species around the world.
In 2010, OMG created the following video:
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Seeing Largest Sea Level Rise in 6,000 Years, Red King Crab Fishery Opens in Alaska, and More Posted Tue, October 14, 2014
- Video: Oceana Makes Plea for Mediterranean Swordfish, Says EU Overlooking Its Decline Posted Wed, October 15, 2014
- CEO Note: President Obama Designates Largest Marine Reserve in the World Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- Deep Sea Sharks in Northeast Atlantic Still at Risk from Overexploitation, Warns Group Posted Tue, October 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Federal Agencies Called Out on Ocean Acidification Inaction, Steller Sea Lions May Have a New Predator, and More Posted Thu, October 16, 2014