Blog Tags: Creatures
National Geographic has captured incredible footage of a sea lion battling a large octopus in Australia (spoiler alert: the sea lion prevails.) To get the footage, the hungry sea lion was equipped with a GPS tracker and a crittercam.
The project, led by South Australian Research and Development Institute, is helping researchers learn more about where and how sea lions feed, which will ultimately help in protecting key habitat for the creatures. Plus, it's just a really cool video. Check it out:
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Mussel Chowder Posted Wed, October 1, 2014