Blog Tags: Creatures
National Geographic has captured incredible footage of a sea lion battling a large octopus in Australia (spoiler alert: the sea lion prevails.) To get the footage, the hungry sea lion was equipped with a GPS tracker and a crittercam.
The project, led by South Australian Research and Development Institute, is helping researchers learn more about where and how sea lions feed, which will ultimately help in protecting key habitat for the creatures. Plus, it's just a really cool video. Check it out:
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014