Blog Tags: Crowdrise
I often get questions from supporters who want their friends and family to donate to Oceana instead of traditional birthday, wedding, or anniversary presents. Not only is this an incredibly thoughtful way to give back to the oceans, but it is also incredibly easy!
You can set up an account and personalized fundraising page on Crowdrise in under five minutes. No joke! Here's how:
1. Create a profile on http://www.crowdrise.com. This literally takes less than 30 seconds.
2. Check out our page, http://www.crowdrise.com/oceana, and click “Start a Fundraising Project/Event”.
3. Create your fundraiser! Is it for your birthday? An anniversary? You just want to help out the oceans? Be creative! You can create a customized link, so you can tell your friends to go to http://crowdrise.com/mybirthday to donate to Oceana. Set a goal to inspire folks to donate.
4. You can upload a pic of yourself (or skip this step).
5. And then make sure Oceana is the charity you pick for your fundraiser.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014