Blog Tags: Fin Whales
If you head to the beach without sunscreen, you’ll probably return home with a scarlet, painful sunburn. That’s because you’ve exposed your skin to several hours of UV rays, which damage DNA within your skin cells. But did you know that whales can get sunburned, too?
[editor's note, by Jason] Jon Warrenchuk is currently participating in NOAA's 2004 Gulf of Alaska Seamount Expedition. He was unable to get to a PC to blog on the 8th, so we rejoin him on the 11th day of his expedition.
August 09, 2004: For the next few days we'll be sampling Welker seamount.
- The Economist’s Arctic Summit Convenes in London Posted Thu, March 6, 2014
- CEO Note: Seismic Airguns Threaten the Atlantic Posted Tue, March 11, 2014
- Clinton Takes the Stage Posted Wed, March 12, 2014
- CEO Note: State Shark Fin Bans Protected Posted Wed, March 5, 2014
- Miranda Cosgrove Stars in New Oceana PSA to Save Dolphins Posted Wed, March 5, 2014