Blog Tags: Fundraiser White Sharks
A triathlon is an athletic competition comprised of three events – a swim, a bike, and a run – that must be completed in sequence. Last week, while Nautica hosted Oceana at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon for the 4th year in a row, we tackled a sequence of our own: completing the race, raising funds, and gathering petition signatures.
And, this year, we set a couple of personal records (that’s “PR” in triathlon parlance), having both a relay team and an individual take the podium as top 5 finishers in their respective classes, and raising over $6,000 for our conservation work. What’s more, we gathered over 200 signatures for our petition encouraging the National Marine Fisheries Service to add the Northeastern Pacific population of white sharks to the Endangered Species List.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014