Blog Tags: Giving Back
I often get questions from supporters who want their friends and family to donate to Oceana instead of traditional birthday, wedding, or anniversary presents. Not only is this an incredibly thoughtful way to give back to the oceans, but it is also incredibly easy!
You can set up an account and personalized fundraising page on Crowdrise in under five minutes. No joke! Here's how:
1. Create a profile on http://www.crowdrise.com. This literally takes less than 30 seconds.
2. Check out our page, http://www.crowdrise.com/oceana, and click “Start a Fundraising Project/Event”.
3. Create your fundraiser! Is it for your birthday? An anniversary? You just want to help out the oceans? Be creative! You can create a customized link, so you can tell your friends to go to http://crowdrise.com/mybirthday to donate to Oceana. Set a goal to inspire folks to donate.
4. You can upload a pic of yourself (or skip this step).
5. And then make sure Oceana is the charity you pick for your fundraiser.
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014