Blog Tags: Giving Back
I often get questions from supporters who want their friends and family to donate to Oceana instead of traditional birthday, wedding, or anniversary presents. Not only is this an incredibly thoughtful way to give back to the oceans, but it is also incredibly easy!
You can set up an account and personalized fundraising page on Crowdrise in under five minutes. No joke! Here's how:
1. Create a profile on http://www.crowdrise.com. This literally takes less than 30 seconds.
2. Check out our page, http://www.crowdrise.com/oceana, and click “Start a Fundraising Project/Event”.
3. Create your fundraiser! Is it for your birthday? An anniversary? You just want to help out the oceans? Be creative! You can create a customized link, so you can tell your friends to go to http://crowdrise.com/mybirthday to donate to Oceana. Set a goal to inspire folks to donate.
4. You can upload a pic of yourself (or skip this step).
5. And then make sure Oceana is the charity you pick for your fundraiser.
- Ocean News: Loggerhead Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends, Global Sea Surface Temperatures at Highest Point, and More Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Photos: Happy Manatee Awareness Month! Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014