Blog Tags: Government Shutdown
After 16 days Congress has finally ended the government shutdown. But while thousands of workers are able to return to work, our oceans will continue to suffer from Congress's misguided bickering.
Yesterday I partnered with actor and ocean activist Ted Danson to discuss just how harmful the government shutdown was for our oceans. In an editorial for the Huffington Post, we revealed how the shutdown affected critical ocean research, and how it could continue to impact fisheries management through next year.
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014