Blog Tags: Harp Seal
There’s no doubt that harp seal pups are perilously cute. But did you know that once they grow up, these seals migrate thousands of miles each year?
Named after the dark, harp-shaped patterns on the backs of adult seals, harp seals are widespread in the chilly waters of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans. They spend their summers far north, and then migrate south each winter to breed on the pack ice.
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014