Blog Tags: Harp Seal
There’s no doubt that harp seal pups are perilously cute. But did you know that once they grow up, these seals migrate thousands of miles each year?
Named after the dark, harp-shaped patterns on the backs of adult seals, harp seals are widespread in the chilly waters of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans. They spend their summers far north, and then migrate south each winter to breed on the pack ice.
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014