Blog Tags: Harry Gesner
Just in time for World Oceans Day, this month Malibu Magazine released its Blue Issue, which showcases high-profile ocean activists and their participation with various conservation organizations.
Among the activists are actor Pierce Brosnan, supermodel Tatjana Patitz and world-renowned architect Harry Gesner.
Gesner, who was highlighted for his support for Oceana, is known for his visionary style; his Wave House was an inspiration for the Sydney Opera House. He is also a WWII veteran and an avid surfer.
“Waiting for the wave, seeing it, paddling for it, taking it, dropping in — that’s my church, that’s where I go,” he told Malibu.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014