Blog Tags: Help Sea Turtles
Earlier this month, Oceana celebrated its golden anniversary at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon by doing what it does best – racing to save the oceans. Among the sands of Zuma Beach, the crash of the Pacific Ocean and the crush of thousands of spandex-clad triathletes, Oceana’s group of five athletes and seven volunteers was responsible for raising $1,000 for Oceana and gathering 265 signatures on a petition in support of establishing widespread critical habitat for loggerhead sea turtles.
It’s our favorite sea turtle lover’s birthday today: Kate Walsh!
In lieu of gifts, her fans, also known as Walshies, have been sending donations to – you guessed it – Oceana. So far they’ve raised $400, and the deadline is midnight tonight. So there’s still time if you want to show Kate and sea turtles some love.
Per Kate’s blog: “All it takes is a dollar and a PayPal account. Just click on this link, hit the “Chipin” button, make your donation, and leave a personalised message for Kate! Yup – it’s that easy!”
A huge thanks to everyone who has donated, and happy birthday, Kate!
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana Supports Recent European Commission Moves to End Overfishing Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014