Blog Tags: Help Sea Turtles
Earlier this month, Oceana celebrated its golden anniversary at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon by doing what it does best – racing to save the oceans. Among the sands of Zuma Beach, the crash of the Pacific Ocean and the crush of thousands of spandex-clad triathletes, Oceana’s group of five athletes and seven volunteers was responsible for raising $1,000 for Oceana and gathering 265 signatures on a petition in support of establishing widespread critical habitat for loggerhead sea turtles.
It’s our favorite sea turtle lover’s birthday today: Kate Walsh!
In lieu of gifts, her fans, also known as Walshies, have been sending donations to – you guessed it – Oceana. So far they’ve raised $400, and the deadline is midnight tonight. So there’s still time if you want to show Kate and sea turtles some love.
Per Kate’s blog: “All it takes is a dollar and a PayPal account. Just click on this link, hit the “Chipin” button, make your donation, and leave a personalised message for Kate! Yup – it’s that easy!”
A huge thanks to everyone who has donated, and happy birthday, Kate!
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014