Blog Tags: Hollywood
Lucas visited picturesque Yaquina Head, a promontory southwest of Portland known for its views of the gray whale migration route and seabird nesting areas. Here he is on the water:
“We were all inside a landscape that was electrifying and it made you understand why the conservation movement is so profound and important,” Lucas told GQ. “That’s the thing I’ve learned working with Oceana: If you deplete one little place like the ocean waters off Cascade Head—which is so magnificent and so lush with life—that depletion begins this domino effect that rings true across a large area.”
You can read more about Lucas’s journey at the GQ Gentlemen’s Fund. Needless to say, we’re thrilled that he has joined the cause to protect the world’s oceans.
Josh Lucas appeared in the Oscar-winning “A Beautiful Mind," and will also appear in NBC’s forthcoming drama “The Firm.” Catch him as Charles Lindbergh in “J.Edgar,” opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Judi Dench, in theaters this fall.
A lot of cool charity events have taken place in our honor, but never has one been ping-pong themed. Until now.
This Sunday, at the 2010 PaddleJam in Hollywood, CA, celebs will showcase their table tennis skills while raising money for their favorite non-profits, including Oceana, Rock the Vote, Equality CA, The Humane Society, Ann and George Lopez Foundation and Habitat for Humanity. Celebrities attending include George Lopez, Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy”, and Zachary Levi of “Chuck.”
So if you live in LA, check it out! Here are the deets:
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Gain New Protections Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Coral Reefs Turning Silent from Overfishing, Other Human Impacts Posted Thu, December 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014