- Shrimpâ€™s Dirty Little Secret: Our new report reveals that shrimp nets are illegally killing scores of sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Q&A with Diane Lane: The actress talks about her love for the oceans â€“ and the smell of the East River.
- A Precious Resource at Risk: Whatâ€™s at stake if oil companies have their way with Belizeâ€™s crystal waters.
- Exploring the Pacific: A report from our recent West Coast expedition, including octopuses, orcas and more.
- Recipe from Jamie Oliver: The world-famous chef says youâ€™d be mad not to try his coley korma recipe.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Well, I guess the theme of this week on the blog is winning, because I have another proud moment to announce today: The Daily Green has announced the winners of its 2010 Heart of Green Awards, and guess whoâ€™s on the list? The one and only Ted Danson.
The actor and Oceana board member is being honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award; other awardees include chef Jamie Oliver and National Audubon Society's John Flicker.
The awards celebrate individuals â€śwhose work inspires real people to go green," said Dan Shapley, editor of The Daily Green, who interviewed Ted about his work for the oceans. "This yearâ€™s honorees embody that mission by championing some of todayâ€™s most important causes, including ocean conservation, healthy seasonal eating, urban parks creation and climate change."