Blog Tags: Mobile
After making a quick stop in Mobile, AL, the boat is now on its way to Florida, as Dustin reports:
On Wednesday morning the Oceana Latitude pulled up anchor and started to make its way to Port St. Joe, Fla.
As we left Mobile Bay, we passed Dauphin Island, home of the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo. Oceana has participated in this conservation-minded fishing tournament in the past, which typically attracts more than 100,000 spectators and more than 3,200 fishermen.
Unfortunately, like so many other summer activities in this part of the Gulf, the Rodeo was canceled this year after the Deepwater Horizon oil disaster.
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014