Blog Tags: Moratorium
Nancy Rome is a documentarian and writer based in Baltimore. She sent us this thoughtful guest post.
The question on everyone's mind right now and for the foreseeable future is: Where has the oil gone?
Much of the scientific community scoffs at the White House’s claim last week that 75% of the oil has been cleaned up, even going so far as to call the claim ludicrous, because tracking the spill is so difficult.
To say how much has really been cleaned up is nearly impossible, and oil continues to wash up "under" beaches and marshes on barrier islands and will continue to do so for some time.
If we still do not know exactly how much oil actually gushed from the Deepwater Horizon, then how can we know the exact amount that has been cleaned up?
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014