Blog Tags: National Marine Fisheries Service
Let's start with the good news: As of yesterday, July 1, California's shark fin ban (passed in 2011) officially came into effect! California grocers that stocked shark fins and restaurants that offered shark fin soup on the menu had 18 months to move their product. During the 18 month interim, the Los Angeles Times reports that one San Gabriel Valley restaurant specializing in the delicacy shut down, while several retailers in Chinatown bemoaned the large stock of shark fins still at hand.
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013
- Creature Feature: Atlantic Puffin Posted Fri, December 6, 2013