Blog Tags: Oceana Board
As I mentioned in last Friday’s Scanner, Oceana board member Ted Danson will be live on CNN.com on April 1 in a 30-minute interview about the oceans.
Send in your burning questions and the actor and longtime ocean activist will answer them during the show.
Also, Mr. Danson was the subject of a long profile by Frank Bruni in the New York Times this weekend.
The article points out what many Oceanans know well: he may play egotistical roles on TV, but he is quite the opposite in person.
I was particularly amused by the end of the article:
Just before lunch, during a meeting with his editor at Rodale, he spoke in an animated voice and expansive style, saying that he had a biblical, grandiloquent notion for the cover of his save-the-oceans book, scheduled for publication in April 2011. The cover could show him in a Jesus-evocative pose atop the ocean’s surface, with the words: “Danson on Water.”
No sooner had he uttered that phrase than he took it back, desperate to clarify that he was joking — that he would never really consider something so, well, vain.
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014