Blog Tags: Oceana Board
As I mentioned in last Friday’s Scanner, Oceana board member Ted Danson will be live on CNN.com on April 1 in a 30-minute interview about the oceans.
Send in your burning questions and the actor and longtime ocean activist will answer them during the show.
Also, Mr. Danson was the subject of a long profile by Frank Bruni in the New York Times this weekend.
The article points out what many Oceanans know well: he may play egotistical roles on TV, but he is quite the opposite in person.
I was particularly amused by the end of the article:
Just before lunch, during a meeting with his editor at Rodale, he spoke in an animated voice and expansive style, saying that he had a biblical, grandiloquent notion for the cover of his save-the-oceans book, scheduled for publication in April 2011. The cover could show him in a Jesus-evocative pose atop the ocean’s surface, with the words: “Danson on Water.”
No sooner had he uttered that phrase than he took it back, desperate to clarify that he was joking — that he would never really consider something so, well, vain.
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014