Blog Tags: Pierce Brosnan
Last Friday, more than 350 guests attended Oceana’s third annual SeaChange Summer Party in Laguna Beach, California, which raised over 1 million dollars for ocean conservation.
Jeff Bridges and Pierce Brosnan were the special guests of the evening, and other celebs in attendance included Morgan Freeman, Ted Danson, Sam Waterston, Diane Lane, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Eric Balfour and Kristin Bauer.
Bridges, who recently scored an Oscar for his role as country singer “Bad Blake” in “Crazy Heart,” gave a surprise performance. Afterwards he charmed the “Lebowski” fans in the audience by quipping, “Oceana abides.”
All in all, a fantastic night for ocean conservation.
For more on SeaChange visit www.SeaChangeSummerParty.org
Just in time for World Oceans Day, this month Malibu Magazine released its Blue Issue, which showcases high-profile ocean activists and their participation with various conservation organizations.
Among the activists are actor Pierce Brosnan, supermodel Tatjana Patitz and world-renowned architect Harry Gesner.
Gesner, who was highlighted for his support for Oceana, is known for his visionary style; his Wave House was an inspiration for the Sydney Opera House. He is also a WWII veteran and an avid surfer.
“Waiting for the wave, seeing it, paddling for it, taking it, dropping in — that’s my church, that’s where I go,” he told Malibu.
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Oceana Urges Stakeholders to Rebuild Chile's Fisheries at International Seminar Posted Tue, July 15, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: New Maps Reveal Extent of Ocean Plastic, Florida Keys Launches Turtle Cam, and More Posted Wed, July 16, 2014