Blog Tags: Santa Monica
Earlier this week we heard the latest from one of our 2010 Ocean Heroes, Robin Culler, leader of the Shark Finatics.
Today, another update, this time from Ocean Hero finalist Sara Bayles. Sara was just featured in the Los Angeles Times for her ongoing effort to spend 20 minutes a day for 365 non-consecutive days collecting trash from her Santa Monica beach. She weighs the garbage and keeps a tally on her blog, The Daily Ocean.
We’re glad she’s getting the recognition she deserves. Kudos to you, Sara!
In addition to starting your own beach cleanup like Sara, you can take our pledge to use less plastic if you haven't already.
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Crabs Found to Look Out for Corals, 35,000 Walruses Gather on Alaskan Beach, and More Posted Thu, October 2, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Arctic Sea Ice Found to Play Bigger Role in Global Carbon Cycle Than Assumed, Study Says Posted Tue, September 30, 2014