Blog Tags: Scope Of The Spill
From today’s News-Press:
As a marine science technician, Petty Officer Kelly Smith's job was to look out a window for oil, take photographs and plot coordinates on a GPS.
"The most surprising thing is always the magnitude of the spill," said Smith, who had made five previous flights to the site. "It's really remarkable how much stuff is out there. This is a huge, grand-scale thing. In some places, the oil goes on as far as the eye can see."
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014