Blog Tags: Takepart
Instead of just writing and asking you to vote for Oceana this week, I thought you would like to hear my lovely voice and see my overly emotive hand gestures!
We are a third of the way through round three of American Express and TakePart's Members Project... and we are currently winning in our category! This has EVERYTHING to do with you, our fantastic supporters.
But we need your votes each and every week until the end of November. Voting is super easy:
2. Click on "register to vote" and fill out required information. You can also sign in through Facebook.
3. Click on Oceana and confirm your vote for your favorite ocean conservation group.
The world is 71% covered with water and for the largest international non-profit dedicated to ocean conservation (hint: it's us!), that's a lot of area to cover. $200,000 will help us immensely with our work protecting sharks and sea turtles, fighting offshore drilling, and campaigning for responsible fishing, all over the world.
Thanks again and vote now - and every week!
A few months ago we asked you to vote for us to win $200,000 in funding from American Express and TakePart. We didn’t win the last round, but fret not, we are still in the running in round three, and we need your votes yet again!
You can cast your vote every week, and this round’s winners will be announced November 29th.
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia Posted Mon, November 24, 2014