The Accounting assistant will support the Accounting Department in Europe in the day-to-day accounting and transactions, including accounts payable, expense reports and staff travel and other duties at the request of his/her supervisor.
Reporting to the Senior Controller in Europe and working in close collaboration with the Oceana’s finance team, he/she will contribute to Oceana’s European activities and goals.
- Verify accuracy of the invoices received, getting the corresponding approvals from budget authorities and cost allocations.
- Maintain up to date filing of Accounting Department documents to have the accurate information filed.
Expense reports and staff travel:
- Follow up on travel requests, receipt of invoices and reports from the travel agency in line with the Oceana Europe´s travel policy.
- Maintain the data base of all Oceana Europe staff travel
- Review and ensure that travel expenses are reported correctly in the reporting system (Nexonia) according to the travel requests.
- Organise travel arrangements and prepare expense reports for key staff.
Other accounting tasks:
- Support the reconciliation of credit cards and accounts payable to employees.
- Manage petty cash transactions
- Review cash revenue from small donations before being transferred from the CRM Salesforce to the accounting system (NetSuite).
Education and work experience:
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in accounting department, preferably in a non profit organization.
- “Ciclo formativo superior” in Administration or Finance.
- Proven knowledge of the Spanish GAAP “Plan General Contable Español”.
Skills and knowledge:
- Fluency in English as a focal point for Europe accounting and administrative tasks
- Advance MS Excel skills
- Ability to follow up processes and administration without supervision, being responsible and able to keep up to date.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, completing unexpected projects and great administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role, including experience working with teams across an organization; ability to build and maintain trust and confidence of all staff.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in working with sensitive information, and possess excellent judgment in handling communications, expenses, budgets, other issues, and personal relationships.
- Good analytical skills and good time management execution.
To apply for the post
Please send your application in English to include a cover letter stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the position, together with your CV/resume (no photos, please), in strict confidence, by email only to: email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “Your name cover letter” and “Your name CV”. Please put “Accounting Assistant” in the email subject line. Also, please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
Oceana values a diverse workforce and welcomes people different from each other in many ways, including characteristics such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Oceana considers all qualified candidates and seeks to recruit from a diverse candidate pool.