Social Media Specialist
- Location: Based in Madrid. London, Brussels and Copenhagen will be also considered.
- Department: Communications.
- Reports to: Senior Communications Manager
- Duration: 23/09/19 – 31/12/2019
OCEANA seeks a social media specialist to manage and grow our social and emerging media campaigning and daily outreach. This person will be a member of the Communications Department and will develop and execute digital advocacy, fundraising and marketing strategy and tactics for Oceana’s overarching campaigns.
This person will work with communications and campaign staff to create social media campaigns, website content, action pages and other digital content to help meet Oceana’s communication goals—including increasing online actions, sign-ups, donations, website traffic and other engagement. The specialist will support efforts to increase adoption of social media best practices across Oceana Europe.
The specialist will lead day-to-day management of Oceana social media properties. This person should be data informed, actively participating in data collection and analysis to improve practices over time and proposing new insights-informed strategies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for ocean conservation, experience running online advocacy campaigns, and always be looking for ways to improve their work and the team’s work at-large. This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager.
- Develop social media strategies in coordination with the Communications team to support our projects and campaigns at the European level.
- Daily updating of key social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with Oceana information, calls to action, and ocean news.
- Staying abreast of ocean news and reacts to new opportunities and unplanned calls to action and segmentation.
- Identifying opportunities to advance campaign and fundraising goals, including through messaging, calls to action and segmentation
- Accountable for creating content for social media, blog, e-news and other channels as needed, including imagery and copywriting.
- Working closely with the Web specialist to ensure we’re fully leveraging the website.
- Regularly analysing data, evaluating impact, doing social listening and looking for ways to improve results and meet Communications department’s goals to increase the number of followers and engagement.
- Recommend and apply relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency.
- Evaluate and monitor data in order to measure our campaign initiatives and postings.
- Ensure the achievement of Departmental Goals from the Social Media perspective.
- 3-5 years of experience driving social media engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- English proficiency. Danish or French is a plus
Work experience and skills:
- Experience in social media management, with demonstrated experience in paid social media advertising
- Experience with social media analytics
- Experience with software, apps or websites for photo and video editing
- Experience with Engaging Networks or comparable, CRM a plus
- Interest in ocean conservation and knowledge of EU policy a plus
- Pro-active, strong team player, able to work individually on a project and also in a team environment.
- Very strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt complex information to social media requirements
- Willingness to interact with people with different nationalities and backgrounds
- Ability to deliver under high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects and initiative to be productive during waiting periods.
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through
- Good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
The closing date for applications is 13/09/2019, and the selection process will be following week from 16th until the 20th of September.
Early submission of applications is therefore encouraged. The start date for this position is Sept 23rd or immediately after candidate is being selected for this position.
To apply for the post
Please send your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceana is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.